Managed Page file size
What is Microsoft's recommendation? Configure my page file size on my Server 2008 box or set it to System Managed? My understanding is that the page file may become too defragmented if it is managed by the system due to pagefile contraction & expansion. If this happens, a standard defrag will not resolve this defragmentation problem, will it?Is there a MS recommendation and/or procedure?thanks,TJ
December 18th, 2009 7:57pm

Hi, MS recommendation is that you have when install your OS,but if i ware you would raise it but not more than "Maximum size"
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 18th, 2009 8:02pm

Hi, MS recommendation is that you have when install your OS What does this mean? I do not understand.
December 18th, 2009 8:05pm

Microsoft recommends using the System Managed setting.However, you can optimize the page file for the server by setting page file settings, that might be more adequate to your specific situation. Microsoft has some recommendations for this in Knowlegde Base Article 889654. Note:although the title of Microsoft Knowledge Base Article is 'How to determine the appropriate page file size for 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP', the list 'Applies to' contains Windows Server 2008.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2009 1:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics