Male to Female RCA Phono audio cable
Hello, I have a bit of a problem. I have a Creative 6.1 Surround Sound system and i am in the process of re-placing my speakers accordingly throughout the room space. I have run into the issue of length though, for some of the audio RCA Phono cables connected to the back of the speakers wont reach all the way around the walls to make it to the other side of the room. Yes, i could simply fix this by running them straight across the carpet and laying something(such as a rug) over them, but i would rather be neat. Oh yes, drilling and running them through the floor, ceiling, and/or walls in also out of the picture. I simply sought a different perspective on the whole thing, i was wondering if it is possible to make an RCA Phono Male to Female cable out of either RCA Phono 2Male to 2Male cable or any other type of audio cable. If this is possible, i have a plenty long RCA Phono 2Male to 2Male cable i could just cut off the end of and replace with a Female RCA Phono jack. Any opinions, helpful hints, and/or answers to this problem would be very much appreciated! I may find a test male to male cable to use and see if i could make a mini one of these "Male to Female" cables on my own, if this does work then i will post it and my issue shall be solved. But, it would be much nicer knowing that someone else knows of what i am talking about and could help me out a bit! Thanks,JCTech35
July 23rd, 2008 12:15am

I have needed something similar in the past, and used a coupler to connect two male to male cables. It sounds like the one you need is something like is pictured here:http://monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=3967I have only used this only once and thus cannotmake a recommendation on manufacturer, and I expect you should be able to find this at many stores carrying cables and parts.Hope this helps,StefanieThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2008 7:59pm

Hi Stefanie, Thanks for the help. Though, this is not exactly what i was looking for. My speaker system, which is "Creative Labs Inspire 6600 6.1 Computer Speakers (7-Speaker, Black)" have certain phono audio cables for the speakers. They are only single cables, in which, i am wondering if i could simply use a single female coupler and just use another male to male cable for the rest of the way. But i am not sure of what kind of a sound this would generate, for the standard component audio cables use two different hook-ups (the red and white) therefore evening out the sound between the two of them. But, i am looking for a single audio cable that would be the same kind as what is used for the speakers in my system. So to put it straight, i just want a male to female cable of the same audio cable my speakers use just to use as an extension. Though, i do wonder if it would be possible to simply just use a female coupler and then use the male to male standard component cable and just use the true audio part of the cable (i believe this is the red one). If so, my problems may be solved. Once again, thanks to you Stefanie, and anyone else who has any suggestions they would be much appreciated!Thanks,JCTech35
July 25th, 2008 5:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics