Making Sharepoint sites on windows Azure internet accessible

Hi All,

I am very new to Azure and have doubts about making Azure hosted SharePoint 2013 sites to internet accessible. Below is the scenario:

We have 2 WFE servers hosted on windows azure VMs. We have extended the web applications to internet zones. IIS web sites for extended web applications have been created. 

Please help be with the below issues :

1) Our WFE VMs have virtual ip and internal ip. Do I need to create a DNS entry for my domain which I am trying to access mapped to virtual ip of the server?

2) I can see an load balanced HTTPS end point has been created on Azure Portal with protocol as TCP and 443 as both internal and external port but in Access Control List I can see "No ACL". Is this fine?

3) What we have done is we have added a DNS entry for our domain and ip mapped to one of the reserve ip address(not virtual ip of any of the WFE servers). Is this may be the issue.

4) Do I need to change something on firewall settings of the WFE server. On the web server firewall I can see World Wide Web(HTTPS traffic-in) rule is enabled and protocol and port as TCP and 443 respectively.

When I am trying to access SharePoint site from internet, I am not able to access and getting "Page cant be displayed" error.

Any response will be highly helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Edited by Vive Mishra 1 hour 19 minutes ago Corrected
March 24th, 2015 6:29am

Please provide response.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 25th, 2015 1:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics