Make Analyst Comment not private by default

Hello all,

I am testing Dustin Elliot's how-to (http://scsm2012.blogspot.com/2012/07/notify-assigned-to-user-when-end-user.html) to notify when a comment is added to an incident. This works perfect with the Exchange connector when the Affected User comments triggering the notification and sending an email to both affected and assigned to user. I would like the notification to kick in when the Assigned To User replies to the user's email as well and kick off another notificiation.

The problem I'm having is that the SM logs the analyst comment as Private which I believe is preventing the notification from being triggered and an updated email from being sent back to the Affected User.

Can anyone tell me how to have the Analyst Comment marked not private by default. I can go in and uncheck the Private box but that doesn't allow the notification to be triggered through the workflow. Thanks.

• Edited by rison146 Monday, October 15, 2012 6:00 PM
October 15th, 2012 8:59pm

Also got this problem;

Analyst comments submitted via email are marked as private by default. The Private box has a square mark, rather than a tick. 

Anyone got a way to modify it's default behavior ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2012 4:58pm

Hey,

How did you guys sorted out this issue ? The same one is currently happening on our environment.

Cheers,

February 13th, 2013 12:39pm

Same problem, anyone solve this?

April 24th, 2013 6:43pm

Has anyone solved this puzzle? I opened a case with Microsoft and they were unable to help me. I really need this to work. It seems like a basic requirement for anyone who wants to have true email workflow.

January 7th, 2014 5:31pm

It is possible to do it but it requires more then just the authoring tool. It should be possible to achieve this function if you make a custom control in visual studio. Unfortunately i do not have the skill-set for this type of programming so i can't help you.  
January 7th, 2014 6:22pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics