Maintenence and Monitoring in Windows Server 2003
I have two questions from a text book on Windows Server 2003. My classmates and I are not able to find clear answers to these questions. So, any help would be greatly appreciated...this is how the questions are written in this book: You goal is to monitor all your Windows Server 2003 servers so they can be defrag'ed on a regular schedule, and as efficiently as possible. The disk defrag program that you use requires at least 20% free disk space on each volume to defrag properly. What should you do? The computer that you are using to monitor the other systems on your network is overburdened with the task, so you must lighten its monitoring load. What should you do to lighten the load, while maintaining as much monitored data as possible?
June 13th, 2010 7:59pm

Hi, > You goal is to monitor all your Windows Server 2003 servers so they can be defrag'ed on a regular schedule, and as efficiently as possible. The disk defrag program that you use requires at least 20% free disk space on each volume to defrag properly. What should you do? A modern solution would be to monitor the servers using System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 with the Windows Server Operating System Management Pack. Ensure that the disk space monitor creates a critical alert at less than 20% free. > The computer that you are using to monitor the other systems on your network is overburdened with the task, so you must lighten its monitoring load. What should you do to lighten the load, while maintaining as much monitored data as possible? In the context of the answer above, I would look at bottlenecks in the system. It may be necessary to install a new instance of the database server and RMS on new hardware and restore the RMS configuration and database on the new server. It may also be necessary to add management servers to share the load from clients. Another possibility is to add another RMS and Ops manager infrastructure, move some of the clients, and link the management groups to do centralized alerting. -- Mike Burr
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2010 4:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics