Mainframe Queue Interaction through .NET

Respected Community Members,

Are there any way in the Biztalk that i can configure the Biztalk to communicate to mainframe Queue??

I have a request to read/write to mainframe queue from vb.net program. Any what should be the best way??

Thanks,

Nick

June 21st, 2013 6:17pm

Stephen,

thanks for the update. it seems like Biztalk & HIS doesn't have a way to communicate directly to Mainframe CICS Message Queue, but we can create some program in CICS to communicate and we can communicate to that  CICS program. Am i reading thie right??

THanks,

Nick

June 25th, 2013 11:16pm

Sorry, I was thinking you meant AS/400 data queues. HIS includes features to integrate with IBM Websphere MQ as described at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg163688.aspx#message.

Our other CICS (and IMS) transaction integration feature is Transaction Integrator that allows you to can CICS (or IMS) transactions as described at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg163688.aspx#application.

Both of these integration features are in use by many customers.

Thanks...

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2013 11:23pm

Hi Nick,

Do you mean IBM MQ Queues ?

If yes, you can use the IBM MQ Websphere Client together with the Microsoft HIS MQSC Adapter !

Best Regards,

June 28th, 2013 4:41pm

Steve,

We have custom written Mainframe CICS Message Queue here.  There is no web sphere client at all. It is little bit different architecture. I am sure bunch of other customers also have this.

So can't we do VB.NET connection directly to them or we need some kind of HIS/Biztalk configuration to talk to that queue and then communicate through it??

Thanks,

Nick

June 28th, 2013 6:26pm

Nick,

How do you access the Custom Queue? Through a CICS DPL Link program? TCP? HTTP? We need a little more information concerning their programming mode or interface to provide anymore insight in order to better answer the question.

Thanks...

July 2nd, 2013 6:41pm

Steve,            For messages outbound from CICS  a subroutine is called to write queue messages from a CICS  application.  The subroutine actually stores the message on a DB2 table.  The messages are picked up by independent CICS transactions (X001-X099) and sent to a mainframe job (XXQUECOMMXX) that actually places the messages on mainframe queuing system (General Queuer). 

For messages that are inbound to CICS -  XXQUECOMMXX sends all messages to a general purpose transaction (X100 or X200) in CICS. X100 or X200calls an application program specified in the header portion of the queue record.  The called application program processes the data in the queue records. 

CICS DPL is not used.

Thanks,

Nick

July 3rd, 2013 2:00pm

Nick,

I think test best way for you to implement this, is to write a CICS Program that can read and write to the Mainframe Queue. In order to use the CICS Program (Transaction) you can use the Transaction Integration from HIS through SNA or TCPIP. If I understand you correctly you would like to use directly from VB.Net the TSQ or TDQ.

Best Regards,

July 3rd, 2013 3:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics