Macintosh connection failure when connecting to w2k8 file server
hello,I am experiencing a connection problem on a macintosh (iMac) connecting to our 2008 x64 file server. it worked last week (a DNS issue fixed) and for some reason it will not connect today.I have verified all the DNS settings are ok, I have also verified that DHCP is giving the proper addresses and DNS settings. I have been ising "command K" to connect to server and entering the IP adress, or FQDN and the connection fails.I have also used the netowrk utilites in Macintosh and ping'd the file server using both IP adress and FQDN and they both resolve and resond.Please Advise..Thank you,
October 5th, 2009 7:49pm

Hello According to information, the issue seems to be related to Macintosh (iMac), and we are mainly focus on general question on the Windows Server system here. for the interpretational issue between iMac and Windows Server system, I would like to suggest you may contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;OfferProPhone#faq607 Meanwhile, I have also included a third party post for your reference. Cannot Connect to Windows Server 2008 Shares from Mac OS X 10.4.11 http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/Windows_Server_2008/Q_23703783.html Hope this issue will be resolved soon. NOTE: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 6th, 2009 10:01am

This was very strange indeed!I checked the firewall, nope that was not it.I did get it to work by forcing the SMB protocol instead of the Mac default of afpfor instance,smb\\server name that works andafp\\server name does not work... however it did last week... thank you,
October 7th, 2009 12:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics