MS iSCSI Initiator MPIO with 2 QLogic QLA4050c HBAs
Running Win Server 2008 Standard with latest updates.Installed 2 X QLogic 4050c iSCSI Host Bus Adapters- current BIOS, firmware, and drivers work fine in 2008.I can connect to my EqualLogic SAN with these 2 HBAs as 2 separate sessionsI want to use the Microsoft iSCSI Initiator MPIO feature to 'team' these for performance/redundancyI followed the instructions from QLogic, Microsoft, and EqualLogic and get the same error when trying to discover my target with the iSCSI Intiator- 'One or more parameters specified in Login TargetIN structure is invalid'.My System Event Viewer gives me a warning when trying to do this- Event ID 113, Source MSiSCSI. iSCSI via SendTargets failed with error code0xefff002a to target portal *(IP:Port of my SAN target)Any insights would be greatly appreciated
August 14th, 2008 1:27am

I have the same setup in x64 Enterprise edition on a Dell PE2950 with QLA4050c's and what worked was to install MS hotfixes as follows just to get connectivity first so this may help.KB961277KB955656KB951058KB950927I too am still working on the teaming, so if I may flip the question and ask you for more details about how to use MPIO to team these, I would appreciate it!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2009 9:31pm

Did either of you get this working? I'm having the same issues.Thanks!
March 17th, 2009 1:23am

I have a similar setupQLogic QMH4062c iSCSI HBAs on a HP BL360 diskless blade server which I'm using as a Hyper-V host.Windows 2008 DataCenter.Equallogic PS 3900XV SANI can get my host OS to boot from SAN ok.I've added the MPIO feature in Windows 2008I want to connect several LUNs to place my hyper-v .vhd files on (one .vhd per LUN).I want to leverage the CPU benefits of my HBAs but still get MPIOI can see my target LUN in the Discovery tab in Microsoft iSCSI initiator.I tried logging into this target and specifyingthe HBA adapter in Microsoft iSCSI initiator as the "local adpater" but I get this error: "One or more parameters specified in LoginTargetIN structure is invalid."I took CHAP out of requirements for testing, I only filter by IP and initiator name. I removed initiator name from the Volume access list and then I just get "connection failed".I can mount this volume if I specify "Microsoft iSCSI initiator" as the local adapter, but doesn't that negate the benefit of the HBA onboard processing power?Thank you in advance.
August 18th, 2009 12:28am

Q1944 I am trying to do what you did and want to know how you get as far as you did. I have 2- 2 port Qlogic HBA's that I would like MPIO with. However I have found the overview documentation on Technet for MPIO but my results are not matching the instructions in the document. I am not seeing multiple devices being listed for multipathing. I would appreciate any help you could provide.
February 23rd, 2011 10:55am

what kind of problems are you encountering? I got it working fine...
February 23rd, 2011 12:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics