MS Windows Security Patches
Hello guys...... MS releases lots of security patches/hotfixes. - Is there any tool whereby we can configure it to automatically download the patches? it's time consuming to download all these security patches one by one. please help....
June 19th, 2011 1:47pm

In message <329620e5-5da9-4fdb-bdb4-c5ee952d891e@communitybridge.codeplex.com> someone claiming to be MaxPayne3 typed: Hello guys...... MS releases lots of security patches/hotfixes. - Is there any tool whereby we can configure it to automatically download the patches? it's time consuming to download all these security patches one by one. Why would you be downloading the patches one by one? (by knowing what you're trying to accomplish, we might be able to provide better suggested solutions for you) In general, Windows Update is your best bet to download and install multiple patches for single machines, or WSUS to deploy updates from one machine out to other machines.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2011 3:18pm

Sorry...i was not quite explicit. Here i mean applying security patches on Windows Servers. Windows updates and WSUS do a great job. My issue is in applying patches on servers...whereby there is no internet connection, no windows updates, etc...for security reasons. some servers are in the DMZ zone, workgroup, etc...whereby patches have to be applied manually...that is download and install patches manually. When security patches are released..we have to download manually which is quite time consuming. Please help.
June 19th, 2011 3:30pm

Hi MaxPayne3, Thank you for your post. Please install WSUS server on your server lan, import updates from another WSUS server that is connect to the Internet. This type of WSUS deployment is Networks disconnected from the Internet, please refer this article for the details. If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2011 1:21am

Hello, thanks for the info. let me try this and will keep you posted. Thanks.
June 20th, 2011 12:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics