MS Exchange Monitoring Correlation Service Stopped - SCOM2012 SP1

My EVAL license expired on SCOm2012 so I applied the new License Key and all is good.

But right after that I go an alert from SOCM saying the MS Exchange Monitoring Correlation Service stopped.  I checked all settings were intact rebooted the server still no go.

So I unisntalled the Exchange 2010 MPforOpsMgr2007 and rebooted.

Reinstalling it and during the install it tries to start the services and spits the following and craps out on me ....

Error 1920. Service 'Microsoft Exchange Monitoring Correlation' (MSExchangeMonitoringCorrelation) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

it was always running under Local System without no fuss.

thanks in adv for help

• Edited by WildPacket Wednesday, February 05, 2014 7:49 PM
February 5th, 2014 10:48pm

If you verified, that you installed the Plug-In with an account which has the necessary rights and still gets the problem, then you might have the same issue we had: PowerShell V3 was missing!

Once you install PS V3 then try to install Exchange Management pack again and will work smoothly
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 6th, 2014 12:49am

thanks Mai. 

I have scom2012 running on windows 2012 std which has PS3 by default.

here is my version details ... from that server ...

PS C:\> $PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major  Minor  Build  Revision
-----  -----  -----  --------
3      0      -1     -1

And I am NOT ABLE to isntall the plug-in cos during the install it tries to start the monitoring correlation service and fails and rolls back the install.

following is being logged in the application log when the installation fails

The description for Event ID 4999 from source MSExchange Common cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

E12

c-RTL-AMD64

M.E.Monitoring.CorrelationEngine

M.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager

M.E.C.TypeSpaceCache.GetType[T]

M.E.Common.ObjectNotFoundException

90b4

False

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Product: Microsoft Exchange 2010 Management Pack for OpsMgr 2007 -- Error 1920. Service 'Microsoft Exchange Monitoring Correlation' (MSExchangeMonitoringCorrelation) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

February 6th, 2014 8:49am

This issue is related to Exchange 2010, To fix this issue , verify that you prepare AD and schema for Exchange 2010.

Also you can check below link

http://www.theemailadmin.com/2011/03/troubleshooting-event-id-4999/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 6th, 2014 6:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics