MSInfo32 : Problem to find a category ID
I want to run the msinfo32 command on my windows 2003 server and I need to exclude the "Windows error Reporting". I found the syntax : msinfo32 /allcategories -category_ID But I have not the ID for the category "Windows Error Reporting" Can someone help me ? Apparently, some command-line switches available for windows XP are no longer supported in windows 2003 server, if it is exact, how can I solve my problem ? Madininarawak Only one ant is nothing, but an anthill can do a lot of things
June 29th, 2012 10:44am

Madininarawak, On a 2003 Server here's the command you can run to achieve what you're looking for: msinfo32 /categories +all-SWEnvWindowsError It's important to note that there is no space in the value being passed to the categories switch (otherwise it won't work) you can launch msinfo32 and get any other category ID's you need by entering: msinfo32 /showcategories The names in the tree view will be the unlocalized names you can pass to the categories switch. please note that while the KB Article on the tool indicates a space, in practice on my 2003 servers it only works right if the space is removed: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/300887 Thanks, DougDoug Kentner
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2012 3:33pm

Hi Madinarawaka Do you have any update on this case? Was the information given by dkentner helpful? Regards, Zhang TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
July 2nd, 2012 4:25am

Thanks for your answer but the command sent by Doug did not solve my problem, cause in my resilt file, I still have the "Windows Error Reporting" part. I'm still looking for a solution Madininarawak
July 2nd, 2012 4:57am

Madininarawak, Can you post the version of the msinfo32.exe file present on your instance of Server 2003? e.g. the version present on my 2003 system is: 5.2.3790.3959 you can find the version info by right clicking the executable and navigating to the Version tab.Doug Kentner
July 2nd, 2012 3:45pm

Hi Doug Thanks for your answers, in fact, I try to run a script on several windows 2003 Servers which give me the result of the msinfo32 / report command without the part "Windows Error Reporting" Would someone have the solution ? Madininarawak
July 4th, 2012 5:30am

Hi Madininarawak, I have involved another support engineer to follow up. He will reply as soon as possible. Thanks Zhang TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscriptionuser and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
July 6th, 2012 3:13am

Thanks a lot Zhang. I'm waiting for his support. Madininarawak
July 6th, 2012 5:32am

Dear Zhang, no news from your support engineer ... Can someone help me ? Thanks Madininarawak
July 10th, 2012 9:14am

Madininarawak, can you indicate the version of the msinfo32.exe file you're executing? e.g. the version present on my 2003 system is: 5.2.3790.3959 you can find the version info by right clicking the executable and navigating to the Version tab.Doug Kentner
July 10th, 2012 10:35am

Could you please just simply copy the following text in the Run window and capture a screenshot of the output? msinfo32 /categories +all-SWEnvWindowsError I test this command and it do exclude the Windows Error Reporting. Thanks. By the way, is there any consideration that we should exclude this Windows Error Reporting? Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 11th, 2012 12:42am

Hi , Is there any update. Thanks. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
July 13th, 2012 6:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics