MP version mismatch after rebuilding Data Warehouse in SCSM R2

We upgraded to R2 in a pre-production environment with out any issues.  Following a significant test period, we wanted to clean out the data warehouse before going live.  The only recommendation we could find for this was this:

"Unregister with Service Manager Data Warehouse
Uninstall Data Warehouse Server
Remove Databases etc.
Remove items from Service Manager using Powershell.
Install Data Warehouse Server
Register with Service Manager Data Warehouse

(http://www.yunusgulsen.com/2012/01/clean-service-manager-data-warehouse.html)"

We did all that, but when the MP sync job runs, we now get errors on a couple dozen MPs:

• Found error in 2|ServiceManager.ActivityManagement.Library|7.5.3079.0|ServiceManager.ActivityManagement.Library|| with message:
        Could not load management pack [ID=Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Administration, KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.3079.0]. The management pack was not found in the store.
        : Version mismatch. The management pack ([Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Administration, 31bf3856ad364e35, 7.5.2905.125]) requested from the database was version 7.5.3079.0 but the actual version available is 7.5.2905.125.

All of the other servers are already running R2, but the version of the MP in this case is from SP 1 CU 2.  The upgrade from SP1 to R2 is quite explicit that the DW must be upgraded before the management servers, which we did.  So when we re-installed the DW, we went right to R2.   

Most of the failures are due to a dependency on this Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Administration MP, but there are one or two others with a similar version mismatch.  Where and how do I update this MP when everything has already been upgraded?

• Edited by jamesking5 Friday, December 27, 2013 4:54 PM
December 27th, 2013 7:51pm

I think we've got this resolved.  I set up a whole new test environment with a new management group on SP1 and then upgraded it to R2.  The Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Administration MP on the upgraded test system did properly upgrade to 7.5.3079.0.  So, I exported that MP and it's dependencies in an MP Bundle.  

Back in the original environment, I unregistered the DW and waited a few hours.  Then I deleted all the databases and the Service Manager files and folders.  Then, I imported the MP Bundle from the new test environment into the original management server.  Once I verified that the MP was up to date, and there were no other errors, I re-installed and re-registered the DW.  It took quite some time for all the MPs to sync up and for all of the DW jobs to be created, but everything appears to be working. 

I fully expected that importing a bunch of System MPs from another management group was going crash my whole environment, but I needed to try something and I was desperate.   After much prayer and verification of my backups, I proceeded with the import, and it seems that all is well.  However, until another expert here chimes in and says that this is a good solution to MP version mismatches, I cannot actual recommend doing what I did. 

• Marked as answer by jamesking5 Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:04 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 9th, 2014 12:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics