MMC error Failed to create empty Document
Getting error "MMC error Failed to create empty Document" While opening MMC in windows 2003 R2. Done the below steps and its working fine for few hrs only .. again same problem .. 1. Click Start. Point to Settings, then click Control Panel. 2. Double-click the System icon in Control Panel. 3. Click the Environment tab in the System Properties dialog box. 4. In the Variable edit field, type TEMP. 5. In the Value edit field, type the folder name that will receive temporary files. For example, C:\TEMP (if the TEMP folder exists on drive C). 6. In the Variable edit field, type TMP 7. In the Value edit field, type the folder name that will receive temporary files. For example, C:\TEMP (if the TEMP folder exists on drive C). 8. Click OK and even disabled the anti-virus .. No Luck ..please help
August 6th, 2010 2:10pm

running the repair option on startup should solve your problem.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2010 2:20pm

Thanks for your response .. Can you please provide the steps fr the same.
August 6th, 2010 2:24pm

This article is about how to do a such thing: http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread4605.html It is for windows XP but it is similar on Windows Server 2003 R2.
August 6th, 2010 2:28pm

Hello, the drive containing the folder has free space? And the folder is the same you use in the variable?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
August 6th, 2010 2:29pm

Thanks for your quick response MS Helper .. will do the repair .. apart from repair any more option is available .
August 6th, 2010 2:34pm

No, try to perform what is mentioned in this article and check if the problem is solved.
August 6th, 2010 2:37pm

ok.. MS Helper .. will do the repair and update you.. Have a nice day
August 6th, 2010 2:39pm

Ok, I'll wait for the result. Have a nice day too.
August 6th, 2010 2:40pm

Hi MS Helper .. i updated my team member the same but management is not ready for repair .. We need to wait for approval . will update u ASAP. thanks for ur suggestion .
August 9th, 2010 12:59pm

Ah ok no problem. I will wait for you. Best regards.
August 9th, 2010 2:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics