MMC could not create the snap-in

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Run Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager & it gives the error: MMC could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly. Name: Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager. CLSID: {00100100-1816-11D0-8EF5-00AA0062C58F}

Please help me solve this. Note my front end application is working perfectly.

Please alert me on maraizuoamadi@hotmail.com if a suggestion is given on this.

• Edited by Maraizu Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:12 AM scrn shot
August 29th, 2015 9:14am

Hi Maraizu,

SQL Server 2000 is not supported on Windows 10, I recommend you install SQL Server 2012 or later version on Windows 10 and use SQL Server Configuration Manager instead of Microsoft SQL Enterprise Manager. For more details about supported SQL Server versions on Windows 10, please review this KB article: Using SQL Server in Windows 8 and later versions of Windows operating system.

However, if you persist to use SQL Enterprise Manager, to overcome the above error message, you can modify the relevant registry key of SQL Enterprise Manager and check if it works properly. For more details, please review the following similar articles.

[FIX] MMC Could Not Create The Snap-in. The Snap-in Might Not Have Been Installed Correctly

Error message when you open SQL Server Enterprise Manager after you uninstall the SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components: "Snap-in failed to initialize"

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 30th, 2015 10:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics