MMC cannot initialize because the MMC installation or a portion of the registry is corrupted.
Hi Experts, I got a new error when run mmc.exe command. Its saying MMC cannot initialize because the MMC installation or a portion of the registry is corrupted. You can attempt to fix the problem by running the following command: regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\mmcndmgr.dll I did this step but still same issue. Can anyone help please.. Thanks Khaja Mohiddin
January 17th, 2011 7:54am

Hello, which OS version, incl. SP/patch level, are you talking about? Have you done any changes/updates before this happens?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2011 8:49am

Its Winodws Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and i am unable to view any of the consoles in the computer(Event Viewer, Server Manager,...) Nothing is working.. its showing the same error like Registry corrupted.Khaja Mohiddin
January 17th, 2011 9:25am

Hi, When you type in “regsvr32 %SystemRoot%\system32\mmcndmgr.dll”, does it say the file is registered successfully? Tim Quan
January 17th, 2011 9:12pm

Yes, it says registered Successfully.. but when i try to access then the same error occur.Khaja Mohiddin
January 19th, 2011 4:26am

Hi, Thank you for the reply. Now I suggest running System File Checker to troubleshoot this issue: 1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box. 2. In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator. 3. At the command prompt, type Sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER. Tim Quan
January 20th, 2011 1:11am

Hi Tim, Thanks for reply, but it didnt display any errors. verification 100% completed. Windows resource protection didnt find any integrity violations. Any other suggestions???? Regards,Khaja Mohiddin
January 20th, 2011 7:12am

I go with 2 options here a) replace the dll from the working machine and the registry , but you have to backup your server before doing any registry activity. b) This procedure needs you to perform advance troubleshooting 1) launch dependency walker on working windows 2k8 r2 and on non working 2k8 r2 , you have to read through the help file to understand the components /modules missing . 2) run procmon on the working windows 2008 R2 and on non working 2k8 r2 and compare the registry which requires you to understand the MMC frames.
January 20th, 2011 7:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics