MIDI keyboard device on remote desktop server

Hello,

I have problems connecting my local MIDI keyboard device to Windows server 2012 ( I am connected to it with remote desktop connection).  I have checked all boxes in options -> remote local devices and resources that I want to use in my remote session.

But in my remote desktop session where I am connected to Windows server 2012, my keyboard is not among devices.

Can anybody help me?

August 26th, 2015 6:15pm

Hi,

Please specifically refer to step 5 and 6 in this article and see if you can get it displayed in remote system. If still not, it could be the device which is not supported Device Redirection. 

To redirect supported Plug and Play devices, under Local devices and resources, double-click Other supported Plug and Play (PnP) devices.

The Plug and Play devices that support redirection and are currently plugged in appear in this list.

To redirect supported USB devices, under Local devices and resources, double-click Other supported RemoteFX USB devices. The USB devices that support redirection and are currently plugged in appear in this list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-can-I-use-my-devices-and-resources-in-a-Remote-Desktop-session

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 12:00pm

Thank you. Obviously my keyboard is not supported for rediredction as it is not shown on list of plug and play devices. Are there any other options to redirect?

August 29th, 2015 5:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics