MC (marque de commerce) Trademark

Hi,

I need to create <sup style="font-family:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;">MC</sup> (marque de commerce) in SSRS report. There is no Unicode for superscript Capital C. SSRS report does not support <sup> html tag.

o   There is no Superscript Unicode character for C (capital c)

a)      superscript Latin lowercase alphabet except q (   ),

b)      a limited uppercase Latin alphabet ( ᴼ )

March 29th, 2015 2:26pm

Hi Ashekur,

According to your description, you want to display the MC as superscript in the report.

Based on my research, it has reported one way to display superscript in reports. In this method, you could pass on the text to a class library which will generate an image out of the text and will return the result in bytes format. Then you should assign the bytes to image control's value property. For more information, please refer to this article: SQL Reporting Service Superscript issue.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and please be cautious and ensure you have completely understood the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best regards,
Qiu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 2:35am

Thanks Qiuyun for your reply.

I can easily fix that issue if I can use one of the following fonts: 

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/1f16a/fontsupport.htm

1BabelStone Han 2Quivira 3LastResort

During deployment I have to add newly created dll into production server. My client is not agreeing to add new assembly or new fonts. Is there any Microsoft Out of the Box solution on it? Is there any possibility that Microsoft will update "Arial Font" to support unicode 7.0+ (MC SIGN -U+1F16A)?

- Ashekur

April 16th, 2015 6:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics