MBSA 2.2 and related Security Tools
Hi I recently installed MSBA 2.2 on Windows 7 Ultimate N. I logged on as a regular user to scan a domain controller on the domain. Of course this did not work since I need domain admin privileges. I then open a command prompt as administrator and went to where the mbsa.exe is installed. I then do a runas with a domain admin account but I get the following error message: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2>runas /user:mydomain.com\adminandre mbsa.exe Enter the password for mydomain.com\adminandre: Attempting to start mbsa.exe as user "mydomain.com\adminandre" ... RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - mbsa.exe 740: The requested operation requires elevation. Can someone tell me how to run the MBSA with elevated privileges as domain admin so I can can the DC? Also, I have available SCOM, SCCM, Forefront products. Can someone tell me if any of these or any other MS product can do the same as MBSA or better since I am going to run MBSA on all my machines in the Enterprise? Thanks. - Andre
August 18th, 2010 7:29pm

Login to the system with domain admin credentials. Right click and run as administrator. That should do it.Bartman
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2011 7:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics