Lync was unable to sign.Please verify your logon credentials

Good Day

Please help.

We have Forest with multiple domains. We have domain A and domain B.We have Lync server 2010 deployed. We have user1. Firstly this user worked in A domain with email use1@Adomain, then this user moved to B domain with email use1@Bdomain.

Now when i want to connect lync client in B domain for user1 i receive @Lync was unable to sign.Please verify your logon credentials...@ 

I noticed , when im searching for user1 in lync client , i can find him with use1@Adomain.  But user1 now in B domain adn has user1@Bdomain email. 

Please help to coonect user1 to lync 

Thanks in advance

June 28th, 2013 8:14am

Hi,

Please explain a little bit more:

- Trusts between the domains?

- Are the needed DNS records created in both domains?

- Is there a different certificate in each domain? It is possible that you need to install the certificate from domain A on user B's pc.

/Tim

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2013 12:05pm

Hi , thanks for reply.

Yes trust between domains , DNS records are ok. Certificate also ok.

We have many users in both A domain and B domain. All of users use Lync client and it works fine. The problem is in user1 , thar worked in A domain . Now we created The same user1 in B domain.  We can not delete user account from A domain because in B domain it uses special application than require user1@Adomain credentials.

When i make search of user1 in Lync client I see user1 with user1@Adomain email address. But we deleted email user1@Adomain from Exchange server. 

The error is  You diddt get sign in. It might be sign in address or logon credentials

June 28th, 2013 12:21pm

I have a very similar setup.

Users log in using a SIP name not email address. Yes the SIP name is in the format username @ Domain, but it doesn't have to be an active Exchange Email Address. Your user that now works in Domain B should still be able to log in by putting in credentials for Domain A.

Alternatively, you can add Domain B as a trusted domain within Lync, and change his SIP address within Lync to be username @ domainB

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2013 6:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics