Lync HP Phone Update Issue

Hello,

I have Lync 2010 Ent. Edition with 2 FE servers and we are using HP4210 & 4110 IP phone to communicate. We are having "Exchange Integration not available" error on some of HP4210 devices. I was thinking that it's better to update all the phones now because I've never updated them before. I am not really expert on this but I am reading a lot to do changes on Lync. Jeff's blog helped me a lot solving my problems before and I followed the instructions to update our devices as well but nothing happens. Here is what I've done so far;

1. We have a software load balancer for FE server. I know actually this is not the way to be done but somebody else did this setup, I am just trying to manage. I cancelled the load balancer and gave a direct traffic to one of my FE servers but nothing changed. 

2. I follow every single step on Jeff's blog to update the phones. I can see the update on the Lync management window. I've not approved them yet but I've created 2 test devices to receive the updates. I don't think they are even trying because update status is "no update available" on the phone's screen. (I searched about the code on the phone's screen that's why I know the meaning.)

3. I republished the topology to fix the folder permissions for Lync. I've read this somewhere else and I thought maybe it's a permission issue but not worked. 

4. I shutdown one of my FE servers and tried to work only on 1 server to make the updates. I tried to restart, reset or wait for a long time for phones to get the updates but no luck. 

5. We have a TMG firewall running on our enviroment and I am suspicious about this maybe blocking my updates but I don't know exactly how updates work, which port they are using.

6. I want to see the IIS if it's getting requests but I am not really sure where to check. I tried to check all the logs but there is nothing about my beautiful updates :)

I am really open for any ideas and I appriciate your helps.

One last thing; this is for Jeff I don't know if you will read my message. Thanks a lot creating a perfectly usefull blog and writing instructions for us. You helped me alot.. Thank you.

Regards.

June 30th, 2013 8:48pm

Hi,

What's their current firmware and the firmware you're trying to apply?

You can get some info on the Webservices\DeviceUpdateLogs folder on your file share, see if the phones ask for the newer firmware on those logs.

Hugo

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2013 10:44am

Hello Hugo,

The current firmware is 4.0.7577.4047 and I am trying to apply 7577.4387. Because I've read that they fixed the EWS problems on the updates after 4047. 

When I check by MAC under Webservices\DeviceUpdateLogs yes there are some requests but not from my test devices. 

July 2nd, 2013 11:54pm

They are not on those logs at all? or just not requesting the firmware?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 12:18am

I can see my test devices update requests but it's like 2 months back from today. 
I've been trying to update my test devices for a week now but they are not even in the logs. 

July 3rd, 2013 1:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics