Lync 2013 - How to create a Toast for each message received

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for posting in the Lync 2010 forums, but it would not let me select Lync 2013.

This question is in regards to creating a toast popup each time you receive a message. This is for our clients that have a very high volume of incoming messages and they do not have a way of seeing who sent the message without bringing up the Lync chat window and looking at who has unread messages. I understand that a Toast is created with each "new" conversation or call or invite, but that is not helpful to people who already have established conversations with several people (these people are very busy and can't be bringing up a lync chat window every single time a new message comes in to see if they need to respond or not).

Is there anyway this can be accomplished? I am aware of SuperToast and similar software, but we really cannot pay to add this feature. Even it can be enabled on a per user basis by going into the options area of lync that would be amazing. We have tried to use the ToastMessage class, but that only functions when you are sending a conversation invite to someone, not reacting to a message received.

Any guidance, help, or assistance in getting this feature or showing us how we can implement it quickly ourselves would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you,

Jason

June 27th, 2013 7:25pm

Hi,Jason,

Unfortunately,per my knowledge there is no way out of box to display toast for each message.However,Lync provides lots of APIs for developping and you can use Lync SDK to build a customize notification to fullfill your expect.

You can check the following document for more details about Lync 2013 SDK.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/lync/jj933180.aspx

If you have any further question about Lync SDK I suggest you post your question on MSDN UC forum for more professional help.

Regards,

Sharon

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2013 9:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics