Lost columns during the transfer from excel to powerpivot

Hi Guys,

I need some help! (perhaps a simple question but I'm stuck!) I want to import an excel file of 212 rows and 130 columns into powerpivot (every column has a code, some do not have numbers in it). When I run the import I do not get any error notification, however I check the columns I miss around 60 column in my powerpivot view. What do I do wrong? Might there be some settings that limit the  maximum amount of columns or am I looking over something else?

Your help would be highly appreciated!

September 8th, 2015 7:57am

Hi Sanne,

According to your description, some columns are missing after imported data from excel to PowerPivot data model, right?

In a PowerPivot data model, number of columns and calculated columns per table is 2,147,483,647. In you scenario, the data source contains 130 columns which is far from the limitation. Please refer to the link below to see the details about PowerPivot Capacity Specification.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413465(v=sql.110).aspx

In your scenario, how do you import data from excel to PowerPivot? The issue can be caused by that not all the columns were selected on the table. You can click Design>Table Properties to check it.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 9:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics