Lost Administrator Password
One of my employees rebooted our Windows 2008 Server and got the message that they needed to change the password. They changed it and wrote down the new one they entered but it doesn't work. Is there any way to find out what the new password is? There are no other accounts on the server so we cannot start the operating system!!!! HELP!!!!
October 7th, 2009 10:29pm

Hi Richard Rackl,deleting SAM would be a risk and which i try to avoid it , because SAM contains all the user accounts and the password stored. SAM is closely associated with various other components such as SID and LPC. make sure you have given administrative rights to few users where in you can open ADUC console from the users session and then reset the administrator passowrd. sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 8th, 2009 4:55am

Hi Richard, Based on my research, if you have no other administrator account, there is no Microsoft recommended way to reset the administrative passwords. This is designed for improving the OS security. Thanks for your understanding. For more information, please take a look at the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189126/en-us Regards, Bruce
October 9th, 2009 6:41am

Windows Password Recovery is very helpful when your Windows password is lost, forgotten or expired. It can also unlock Windows user account that is locked out as you have mistyped the password so many times, or whatever. It supports resetting local administrator and user passwords for Windows XP / VISTA / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 & Windows 7. Even a complete beginner can easily reset Windows password in minutes.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2010 3:07am

As I remember, last time, our company met problem with Windows Server 2008 R2 domain password problem, it was Windows Password Recovery Corporation helped us! How to Reset Windows Server 2008 Password easily and quickly?
June 14th, 2011 11:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics