Looping logon screen
I am having an issue with a Windows 2003 Standard edition box on a Dell R710. I have essentially taken an image of a source box and converted it to a VM. The server boots up with no issue and I get the login screen. I put in credentials and it applies settings and then goes right back to the logon screen. I have tried both local and domain logins. I mounted the drive on another host and verified all files are there, brought up the registry information by loading a temporary hive and everything looks fine. I could not load up the application and system logs because it said they were corrupt. Any ideas on what maybe causing this behavior?
January 18th, 2011 10:22am

Hello Azueroth, Please start the problematic server in Safe Mode with Network and check the result. If the issue disappears, please perform a clean boot. How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista/2008/7 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 If the problem persists, please try the following soulution: Solution: Windows Automatically Logs Off – Login Log Off Loop http://www.technize.com/solution-windows-automatically-logs-off-%E2%80%93-login-log-off-loop/ BrentPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2011 12:17am

Hi, I'm wondering if the information is helpful or if you have any further questions. If there is anything unclear, please feel free to let me know. BrentPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 21st, 2011 3:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics