Loop Excel to SQL that it doesn't work

I am getting crazy guys, situation:

ForEachLoop Container in order to load excel file.

Data Flow with all the setting:

If I run the data flow single it orks, but if I run the Container it returns:

[Excel Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Excel Connection Manager 1" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: component "Excel Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

What's wrong? With the csv file is so easy, why Excel vs SSIS is always so grumpy?

February 19th, 2015 9:17am

The error message:

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 9:23am

Do you have any used excel connection managers. If yes, please delete them.
February 19th, 2015 9:45am

Hi DIEGOCTN,

Based on my research, considering you are using Excel Connection Manager, the issue always occurs when the Run64BitRuntime project property is set to True. If in this scenario, we should set the Run64BitRuntime project property to False. 

Another possibility is that the DelayValidation property is not set to true, SSIS engine uses the design time values of a task until it actually runs a task. When we are dynamically setting in the connection manager, it tried to validate the task with the design time values set for the connection manager. Unfortunately, the ConnectionString of Excel Connection Manager set incorrect during the design time for the connection manager. So, the validation of the task failed causing the package to fail. To fix this issue, please set DelayValidation property to True.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 5:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics