Lookup External Exchange Server instead of local Exchange server
Hi All, A slightly strange and frustrating issue here, and one we have inherited rather then created! One of our new customers have a organisation of about 100 hundred users. They previously had a mixture of MS Server 2003 and 2008 R2, with an 2003 server running their AD and a 2008 running Exchange 2007. Their global head office then decided that they were going to bring all the Exchange Servers into one Exchange server hosted in a virtualized environment in Germany. They now use Outlook Anywhere to access email in the German data centre. The problem is that they have just begun to use iMac's and they will not connect to the remote Exchange server when connected to the domain. When the computer is not connected to the domain (I have connected it to my mobile phone when using mobile hotspot and it connects fine). I have tried changing the DNS on the DC to look up the new address of the Exchange server but this hasnt made any difference. To do this I changed the MX record in the forward lookup zone from mail.oldexchangeserver.local to mail.germanserver.com and then changed the mail.oldexchangeserver.local PTR record to the new Exchange record IP address. As the MS computers can have the full Outlook Anywhere settings put in they will directly push past AD and go out on the internet to find the german server but as the iMac doesnt have the ability to put the full settings in it will always try to pick up a local server first. All help is appreciated!! Many thanks, Scott
August 6th, 2012 12:03pm

Hi Scott, I would recommend you to ask in the exchange specific forums as they are the experts in troubleshooting exchange related issues. Thanks for your understanding. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrgeneral/threadsRegards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2012 12:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics