Lonhorn server hardware requirements...??
Lonhorn server hardware requirements...??
May 24th, 2006 8:00am

They haven't been finalized yet, but should be similar to WS2003.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2006 8:22pm

Microsoft has not published hardware requriemnts. Having said that, Vista is a 'bigger' install than Longhorn (all that extra consumer stuff, the extra eye candy, etc), with Server Core being smaller. Thus base hardware requirements would actually be a bit less than for Vista. Speaking to theMS Longhorn launch product manager today, he says they probably will not publish anything special - he advised using Vista as the basis and going from there. He and I also agreed that minimum requirements in the server space are not really much of an issue since most users put ina lot more than the minimum. Hope this helps.
June 1st, 2006 3:40pm

I heard that Longhorn will only work on 64 bit systems ? Are they any system requirements, as of yet. I am buying new systems for the Campus and would like to plan ahead.
October 12th, 2006 11:13pm

I believe that Windows Sever code name "Longhorn" will be the last Server operating system to support 32-bit (x86) machines.
October 13th, 2006 4:54am

I thought I heard in a technet meeting that it wasnt going to work on a 32bit anymore and what to make sure.
October 13th, 2006 8:42pm

Hi Mike, After watching the .NET show recently (, which cover Windows Server code name "Longhorn" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/theshow/episode.aspx?xml=theshow/en/episode058/manifest.xml) it was confirmed that this will be the final release for 32-bit systems.
October 14th, 2006 2:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics