Long Horn BETA3 install
Hello There, When i try toinstall Long Horn BETA3 i get the following error; 0x80070017 the p.c that i am trying to install it on has 2GB of RAM and a 1.5GHZ intel celeron processor, can anyone help me with this problem? Cheers JG
May 9th, 2007 9:14pm

You might want to re-burn the DVD at the speed of 1x and then try again.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2007 8:33am

Thanks for your reply, i have re-burnt this iso using DVD decipher at 1x speed but then still get the same error wnen tring to install the Beta 3, do you have nay more ideas, is it the DVD burn software that is the issue here? Regards JG
May 12th, 2007 12:17pm

I figured it out. I saw in a Vista Beta install question where someone was having a similar problem. They disabled their ATI Graphics card and it installed fine. So I did the same. When I disabled the ATI card and went to the standard VGA drivers, it installed without a problem. Thanks for the help guys. I hope this helps someone else out there who's having a similar problem.I figured it out. I saw in a Vista Beta install question where someone was having a similar problem. They disabled their ATI Graphics card and it installed fine. So I did the same. When I disabled the ATI card and went to the standard VGA drivers, it installed without a problem. Thanks for the help guys. I hope this helps someone else out there who's having a similar problem.
May 16th, 2007 4:54am

I have had several attempts at installing Longhorn Beta 3, I always get to the same point just after it begins copying files it pops up with 0x800070017. I have downloaded the iso several times, burned several disks, tried several spare hard drives all with the same result. Any Ideas?
May 16th, 2007 9:32pm

Hello There, i have not tried since the last post, i will be looking at this again over the coming weekend and will post any reply after that, but , it does sound like you are having the exact same problem that i have, the earlier post relating this to the same incident as Vista is not relevent as i would prefer to install the Beta 3 on a clean hard drive. regards JG
May 17th, 2007 12:49pm

Hi There, i have now resolved the issue with the Beta3 ISO image, i used SONIC record now version 7.3 to burn the dvd at a burn speed of 1x and it the install works fine! Hope this helps... JG
May 22nd, 2007 7:30am

quiero instalar el vista en mi pc compre la licencia y todo pero me marca el error 0x800070017
March 23rd, 2008 5:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics