Logs for when a local user account is deleted.
Hello, I am speaking about on a Windows 2008 r2 server. I was wonder if there is a log or if there is anyway to find out when a local user is removed from the server by an admin.
March 7th, 2012 3:31pm

Hi, In Windows Server 2008 R2, the "User Account Management" advanced audit policy is enabled by default. You can run the following command in Command Prompt window to verify it: auditpol /get /category:"account management" Note: Please open Command Prompt window by "Run as administrator". If "User Account Management" is set to "Success", the behavior such as "a local user is removed from the server by an admin" will be recorded in Security event log. The event log is: 4726: A user account was deleted It records which user has been deleted and who did this. You can query the event ID to find it. Hope this helps. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2012 4:51am

Thank you so much. That was exactly what I needed and could not find!
March 8th, 2012 10:49am

Hi, In Windows Server 2008 R2, the "User Account Management" advanced audit policy is enabled by default. You can run the following command in Command Prompt window to verify it: auditpol /get /category:"account management" Note: Please open Command Prompt window by "Run as administrator". If "User Account Management" is set to "Success", the behavior such as "a local user is removed from the server by an admin" will be recorded in Security event log. The event log is: 4726: A user account was deleted It records which user has been deleted and who did this. You can query the event ID to find it. Hope this helps. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2012 12:41pm

Glad to hear the information I provided was useful. If you have more questions in the future, youre welcomed to this forum. Have a nice day!
March 8th, 2012 8:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics