Logon window pos up everytime I click on search...
Hi all,In every host on my domain (servers and clients) everytime I click on Start menu -> Search -> Files or Folders; a logon window (same as mapping a network drive) pops up for a specific host. My network's ip address 10.10.x.x. The window the pops up, ask me for credentials to 10.10.2.34. It does not matter from where I am, it keeps asking me for credentials to that host.10.10.2.34 is a workstation in one of my subnet.Do you guys know about it ? Sounds like a virus I guess ?3 domain controllers ws2003.200 workstations xp prof.McAfee Antivirus.Thanks,
July 4th, 2009 10:09am

Hello,check if you havea permanent mapping to that machine and remove it, then try again. In a command prompt type "net share" without the quotes.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2009 3:10pm

hi there, Files under C:\winnt\srchasst are responsible for the searching files and folder on the system, and the important file is srchuil.dll. There might be chances of the file corruption as well .what happens when you open up a drive ( for eg: C :) and perform search on that drive, do you get an credential prompt ?, if so check the permission tab by right click on the drive and check if the desired permissions are set. also you can check the behavior in safe mode and if the problem occur even in safe mode , try replacing the files in the above said folder and check if your problem gets resolved. sainath !analyze
July 5th, 2009 4:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics