Logon script for cheking the GPO status

Hi Techies,

I have two group policy for Corporate wall paper in my org.. One for user configuration and another one for computer configuration .i wanna a scirpt to skip the GPO if already applied in computer level. bcoz its increase the user login time.

Please advice on this.

July 1st, 2013 9:34am

Please gimme a tip to over come
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 2nd, 2013 11:46am

Hi,

I don't think User settings could be skipped. It seems like that you set wallpaper policy not only based on computers also based on users. In this condition, I would like to suggest you use loopback policy:

With the Group Policy loopback support feature, you can specify two other ways to retrieve the list of GPOs for any user of the computers in this specific organizational unit:
  • Merge Mode
    In this mode, when the user logs on, the user's list of GPOs is typically gathered by using the GetGPOList function. The GetGPOList function is then called again by using the computer's location in Active Directory. The list of GPOs for the computer is then added to the end of the GPOs for the user. This causes the computer's GPOs to have higher precedence than the user's GPOs. In this example, the list of GPOs for the computer is added to the user's list.
  • Replace Mode
    In this mode, the user's list of GPOs is not gathered. Only the list of GPOs based on the computer object is used.

We could use merge mode. For more details:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231287

Regards,

Yan Li

July 3rd, 2013 3:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics