Logon Failed
I have a DC that is running 2008 R2 serverand I am having a couple of issues with. First off when I try to RDP into the server using my logon informatin it tells me that my username or password is incorrect. I cannot log onto the server physically because I get the same message. I have to reboot the server in order to logon with my credenials. I am at a loss as to why this may be happening. Another issue is that the Windows Time Service will not start, even after reboot. I have tried to setup an outside Time source but I'm not sure I've done it correctly. That could be why the service will not start. I followed the instructionsI found in a KB article. I am at a loss so any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks, Keith (klirette)
August 17th, 2010 3:55am

Could you please send the error IDs that are registred? Best regards.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2010 3:56am

This is a link that will let you know how to do to find out why a service won't start: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Windows2003/AdminTips/Admin/FindingOutWhyaServiceWontStart.html You can use it to know what is wrong with the Windows Time Service. Best regards.
August 17th, 2010 4:00am

Hello, let's start with ann unedited ipconfig /all from the server and the client you try to connect from. Is that the only DC in the domain or are there more then one?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2010 10:20am

First of all I want to thank ALL that replied. Since it was a small network with only a few users I went ahead and ran dcpromo to demote the DC, restarted, and then ran dcpromo again to recreate the Domain. After that I just had to reconnect all the computers to the domain and now I am having no trouble, even my time issue seems to be corrected. If I have the same trouble I'll definitely look deeper into the situation. Thanks again, Keith
September 8th, 2010 5:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics