Logon/logoff scripts
Hi, I want to known users logon & logoff time(in client machine) is there is any batch file to do so. Thanks in advance, JerieshCheers : Jeriesh
July 9th, 2011 10:14am

Hi, You must enable auditing for Active Directory Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers. Make sure that Advanced Features is selected on the View menu by making sure that the command has a check mark next to it. Right-click the Active Directory object that you want to audit, and then click Properties. Click the Security tab, and then click Advanced. Click the Auditing tab, and then click Add. Complete one of the following: Type the name of either the user or the group whose access you want to audit in the Enter the object name to select box, and then click OK. In the list of names, double-click either the user or the group whose access you want to audit. Click to select either the Successful check box or the Failed check box for the actions that you want to audit, and then click OK. Click OK, and then click OK. See the following article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814595) Best of luck! Martin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2011 10:21am

You can configure a batch file similar to below as the logon script for users in a Group Policy: @echo off echo %date% %time% Logon %UserName% %ComputerName% >> \\MyServer\MyShare\LogTimes.log A similar batch file, with "Logoff" replacing the string "Logon" can be configured as a logoff script in the Group Policy. If desired, you could also name the log after the name of the user (or the name of the computer, or after both names) instead of "LogTimes" in my example. Also, I have example VBScript programs that log logon and logoff times for users linked here: http://www.rlmueller.net/Logon5.htm There is also a link to a VBScript program to parse the resulting log file for user "sessions" and calculate the duration the user was logged onto the computer. Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
July 9th, 2011 11:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics