Login to DC without Network Connectivity
Hi guys, my network adapter on my DC has been disabled unfortunaly and now iam not able to login anymore (domain not available). Do you know how to login to my DC to be able to restore my Network settings? My guess would to restart in directory restore mode and login with the domain directory password.. but then ?
March 1st, 2010 1:51pm

nvm i just tested it with a VM. i boot in directory restore mode and login with "Administrator" and "Domain Password". Anyway i cant boot the server in Directory Restore Mode because i dont have any options. Safe Boot and Debugging only available to select from. OS is Windows 2008, DC. Mayby this Server is RODC? Any Idea?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 1st, 2010 2:33pm

ok this server is a RODC. So how to reset this server without using DRM domain password?? i dont have any cached accounts at that dc. thank you, uxmax
March 1st, 2010 2:47pm

Hi Umax,Can you login to the safe mode to enable the NIC?Regards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
March 2nd, 2010 6:51am

Hi Wilson, same problem in safe mode (domain is not available). thx uxmax
March 2nd, 2010 8:34pm

Hi , If you are local to the server, then you should be displayed with the login screen, are you able to see the login screen ?
March 10th, 2010 9:55am

hi Uxmax, any updates on the issue, please post back so that we can work to identify the problem.
March 24th, 2010 4:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics