Logical Netwok on 2 seperate cluster
Hello,

A setup of Hyper-V cluster of three hosts. Configured thru SCVMM, Uplink port for LACP, logical switches as well as the Logical Network VLAN. On each Host a logical switch, with 3 Virtual Network Adapter for MGMT, Live Migration and Heartbeat.
  Now I have created 2 new hosts to access the same network setup as I described before. Can I connect the same Logical Network, etc., to the new hosts? Want to use the same setup but on new cluster environment since they are going to use same VLAN and so on. Do not want one beats out the other. Best Regards John
August 21st, 2015 10:51am

I'm not sure I understand your problem statement, but if the question you are asking is if you can use the same network configuration on additional hosts that you created for a cluster, the answer is yes.  Each server, whether part of a cluster or standalone, has its own network configuration.  SCVMM allows definition of logical networks that can be assigned to any server.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 2:30pm

Hi Sir,

I agree with Tim.

Logical net work is bound to NICs on hyper-v host , it is used to define VM's network (Vlan,subnet):

If you need Vlan setting for VM , you just need to add Vlan in logical network .

Best Regards,

El

August 24th, 2015 11:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics