Logged on as Windows 2008 Administrator Permission to Destination Folder Denied
Hello I am logged on to our Windows Server 2008 as administrator. I am simply trying to copy a few SQL server database files of the C: into a folder on the D: where there is more space. I get a message Destination Folder Denied. I am no server expert but I thought if your the administrator you could do almost anything. A few things I have tried without success are:- Given full control of folder to Administrator and Administrators Group Changed a grop policy setting in UAC to Elevate permission for Administrator automatically. any advice would be most welcome
August 10th, 2012 7:18am

Hi, Take the ownership of the folder to which you would like to copy file from C to D drive. Take Ownership of a File or Folder http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753659.aspx Also, make sure DB files are not locked, if files are are in use or locked by any process running on server, you wouln't be able to copy or move them.I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 10th, 2012 7:22am

Hi, Try copying some other files to the destination folder. If you can copy then the file/folder permissions set properly. As santhosh said its most probably the SQL service is locking the files and hence you are not able to do the move. Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
August 10th, 2012 8:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics