LogOnTo keeps getting re-enabled for User in Active Directory

Transitioning away from Windows Essentials Business Server 2008 over to a Windows Server 2012 R2 Environment.

With Windows Essentials Business Server 2008 they had Windows Essential Business Server Administration Console which could be used to assign either standard or premium cal's to either a user or a computer.  Any user without a cal assigned could only log onto a small subset of computers which show on the LogOnTo list in active directory for the created user.  Once a cal is assigned to a user it allows logon to any system unless otherwise restricted.  That console stopped running, I am in the process of migrating fully over to server 2012 R2 which does not have that interface for assigning cals.  I have 110 cals purchased for Windows Server for my users.  How can I make it so users can log onto any system?  I do not need a default list for LogOnTo restricting my users, just want them allowed to logon to any system unless I create a specific group policy limiting them.  Any ideas on how I stop this behavior?

The clients are on Windows 7 Pro.  Hope I selected proper area to post in as didn't see a server category...

September 11th, 2015 11:55am

Hi

On Wndows Server 2012 r2 User CALs is a paper work,you can't install this licence on server.If the user have a user account,user can logon any system on the domain.

Also if you need to restrict users to logon any computer,configure "Logon To.." function,

Open ADUC,select user and right click select properties->Account tab->Select Logon To..

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 1:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics