Locked out, users trough vpn,
Hi, Since we have changed our settings of password policy we have some problems: When i try to reach a share over vpn i get this error: The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you. When trying to access a mapped drive after a period of inactivity The firewalls we have tried with it on and off. also udp and tcp port 88 are allowed for incoming traffic. We tried also the local firewall of the machine on and off, but that also doenst matter. The client (windows 7) gets an ip adres and when i Do cmd, net use I see also my domain controller. Windows server 2008 R2 X64, and windows 7 clients, windows pptp vpn connection. please help! w
September 20th, 2011 4:02am

see the below link for troubleshooting your problem. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/account-locked-out-troubleshooting.aspxBest regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 20th, 2011 5:12am

i have a dc wich locked the users, but the evencomb doenst find anything!
September 20th, 2011 5:23am

Hi, How do you search the events, pls provide the steps in details. have you selected the date range/Output Directory/Account lockout buitin search/DC name/event type/success:Failure?Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin
September 20th, 2011 8:35am

start evencomb, build in searhc lockedout, then i see my 2 domaincontrollers, and started search then i found nothing, after that i started a new search with the name of the users wich locks and i even found nothing!
September 20th, 2011 8:37am

Hi soetie, Thank you for your post. It seems that your clients stored credentials authenticated failed caused by a design mentioned in KB948067. Please try to remove clients stored credentials and check if clients can access the drives successfully. To work around the issue, disable local policy listed below:. Computer Configuration--Windows Settings--Security Settings--Local Policies--Security Options--Network access:Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network Authentication' If there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let us know.Regards, Rick Tan
September 21st, 2011 2:30am

Hi thanks for your reply. We already use the fqdn name domain.local so this isnt the problem/ The policy is not defined, so im gonna change it. When is run rsop.msc i dont see any policy on user/machine wich i have enabled? regards
September 21st, 2011 3:05am

WOW your the best! Thanks a lot!
September 21st, 2011 5:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics