Locate the Enterprise CA (Certificate Authority) Server in the AD Domain
Dear, My customer do not have the record which server is installed Enterprise CA in their Domain.. Any good method which can help them to find out? I have found 5 records under this container CN=Certification Authorities,CN=Public Key Services,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=abc,DC=com But I don't think they will have 5 enterprise CA in the domain.. any proper way to find out..thx..
November 3rd, 2010 9:37am

how many servers does your customer have in domain?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 4th, 2010 7:33am

Hi Actually, the customer have over 300 Windows servers in their domain.. but I just have tested it can find the exact hostname (rather than CA common name) of the Enterprise CA hostname in AD.. CN=hostname,CN=CDP,CN=Public Key Services,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ABC,DC.COM thanks anyway..
November 5th, 2010 1:58am

You can check this by Running the following command from a CMD prompt: "certutil -config - -ping" it will prompt you with all the CA available in the organization. Toufique S. Mulani Windows & VMware Admin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 14th, 2012 7:24am

You can check this by Running the following command from a CMD prompt: "certutil -config - -ping" it will prompt you with all the CA available in the organization. Toufique S. Mulani Windows & VMware Admin
August 14th, 2012 7:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics