Local users keep getting added
All of a sudden I keep getting local users added to my terminl server. They are benben$$ and omkl$$$ format. I don't know what is causing it. I keep deleting them but they keep coming back. My server is locked down and nobody has any admin rights except me. Thanks.Kevin
February 9th, 2010 5:48pm

Hello Kevin,Check and make sure you don't have any schedule job running a script or something..Also go to event viewer and look to see who is creating this accountsIsaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 9th, 2010 7:22pm

I see a login attempt by: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1-0 in the event viewer and it is user omkl$$$$, which I have deleted about 10 times already. I have no idea what this is. Kevin
February 9th, 2010 8:09pm

Hi , MSv1_0 is the authentication packed used by the LSA to validate the credentials, when the user logins to the OS , the LSA calls an authentication package to check if it can allow a user to login or not . So when you key in your user name and the password , MSV1_0 accepts the user name and the password and validates against SAM database and later a corresponding SID and the access token would be created for the user which will be used for any ongoing communications ( process / threads )
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 22nd, 2010 7:36am

Please tell me you were able to fix this! At the moment we have a dozen plus clients experiencing the issue with the "yawg$$$" account. Need to know how to remove.
April 27th, 2011 4:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics