Local User Account Management Permissions
I know this is a werid request but we cannot use domain accounts for these users tied to a 3rd party application. We have to use local users only. I need to grant specific users the ability to reset passwords, enable/disabled accounts, and delete usersfor local users and groupsof a specific server. I cannot seem to find any permissions in the security policies to grants such rights. Currently, it appears the default permissions are users can only perform those tasks for accounts he or she specificly created. Any ideas? Thanks!
September 22nd, 2009 5:41pm

tweakui, seems odd, but yes, there it is.o.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 22nd, 2009 9:40pm

Hi S4iNT,According to your description, I understand you want to the know permission to manage Local User Account. If I have misunderstood you, please do not hesitate to let me know.As far as I know, The User with local administrator permission can enable / disable / delete local accounts. To make domain users to be a Local administrator account, you can navigate to Local users and groups via right click my computer's manage. Then add the domain user into administrators group. After that the domain user is able to manage all the computer's Local user accounts.Best Regards,Wilson JiaThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
September 23rd, 2009 1:41pm

This looks very confusing. However, I would like to know more.Could you elaborate on your question, SIANT ? <BUMP> Creativity cannot be taught, but it can be learned.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2009 11:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics