Local IPSEC Policy Windows 2008
Hi, I am trying to establish IPSEC communication between a Windows 2008 Domain Controller and Windows 2008 Workgroup Server. I have configured the IPSEC policy in the Domain Controller Policy and allowed all traffic through that IPSEC. I have configured it under Computer Configuration -> Security Settings-> IPSEC Policies. The Windows Firewall is disabled. When I am rebooting the server I can see the same getting applied by running RSOP.MSC Same thing I am doing in Windows 2008 Standalone server but in local policy. But after rebooting I am not able to see anything under IPSEC policy by running RSOP.MSC. Windows Firewall is disabled here also The communication between servers is not happening. There is no error/warning in the EventVwr related to this. I tried to delete and recreate Policy several times but no avail. Please suggest
December 11th, 2012 12:19pm

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Regards Kevin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 12th, 2012 8:55am

Hi, We do not suggest to use RSOP to view the group policy configuration after 2008 since it isn't accurate. We do suggest to use the gpresult command. I suggest you to configure IPSec via Connection security rules in windows firewall instead of via the configuration under Computer Configuration -> Security Settings-> IPSEC Policies. Best Regards Scott XiePlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 12th, 2012 12:05pm

Hi, I have tried checking using gpresult also but it is not showing any infor about IPSEC Also I tried configuring IPSEC using Connection security rules in windows firewall but that is not working too. And as I have mentioned that the Firewall is off on both the servers. Please help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 12th, 2012 1:09pm

If you want to use the "old" IPSec policy engine in Win2008 and above you need to use the IPSec monitor MMC snap-in to see what policy is applied and monitor the IPSec SA's and statistics. Make sure the "IPSec Policy Agent" service is running on your server to be able to utilize the policy. /Hasain
December 12th, 2012 5:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics