Loading from DB2 to Teradata with SSIS 2012 converts content with special characters ("zero characters") to NULL.
Loading from DB2 to Teradata with SSIS 2012 converts content with special characters ("zero characters") to NULL.

When I hit PREVIEW in SSIS DB2 OLE DB Source component, I can see the data correctly but when I load it into some destination file or database table, the content will be lost. NULL. Other rows are OK but the ones with some special characters will get lost.
http://hot.ee/phil/work/DB2_zero_character.png

How to fix this? How to load correctly from DB2 with SQL Server Integration Services?

I have tried Microsoft OLEDB driver for DB2 and also IBM OLEDB provider for DB2, they both have the same issue.
March 27th, 2015 3:08pm

Any example or reference to "special characters ("zero characters")"?

Why the image shows PowerBI?

You need to find at what stage the chars disappear

I propose you use the Data Viewer initially (double-click in the connector) to inspect for values, both on the source and destination.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 27th, 2015 4:03pm

DB2 administrator told me that some of those values on the picture (first 5 rows) contain "null character" which terminates the string, but with fastload script (OLEload script) they were translated to spaces. This was OK.

Now with SSIS they are converted to NULL and the values are lost (' 1', ' 2', ' 5', ' 6', ' 8'). But this is an identity column and I need those.

Might be this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_character

Preview in SSIS shows the correct result but when I tried to load it into different destinations and with different options that I could think of, the result was that those values on the first 5 rows were converted to NULL.

March 28th, 2015 3:22am

So they became spaces, not 1, 2,3... so the script needs to do the proper translation
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 7:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics