Load OR Import Files from Amazon S3

Hi 

I feel as if I'm going round in circles and do not seem to be getting very far and really open to how to do this.

Client uses an Amazon S3 bucket which they load flats files to .  They also expect files to be delivered there to.

So at the minute I have an SSIS package (SQL2012 )  which I use to generate some files but then have to manually import the files to the S3 bucket as well as export others.

Now Mike Yin ( For SQL2008R2 ) mentioned that you need to obtain PostgreSQL ODBC driver so that you can use the .Net Providers\Odbc Data Provider for ADO.NET Source component to connect to the Amazon cloud storage. After that, you can use a OLE DB Destination to load the data to SQL Server database. 

Im not getting far with this 

Steps so Far 

1. Installed both 32 and 64bit 9.03. 
  2. New connection Manager
  3. ADO.NET  - New then drop the provider down to ODBC.Dataprovider 

Then what ?  Do I put the S3 bucket address within the use connection string ?  Is there and example ? Why do I need the PostgreSQL ODBC as Im not connecting to a database just a S3 Bucket?  

Any help on this would great be great  

Many Thanks

Robert 

June 18th, 2015 9:31am

Using a dedicated SSIS extension to Amazon's Redshift could be a better idea: https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/76c15af0-b291-48ba-8bae-78654e092c83
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 18th, 2015 2:26pm

Thanks I'm sure there are plenty of these premium extensions around however I wanted to know if anyone else has managed to use SSIS without these.

i.e. could you use an HTTP call ?providing you you pass the access key and security key ??

June 18th, 2015 4:04pm

Check the commercial COZYROC Amazon S3 Task. It provides the functionality you are looking for.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2015 10:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics