Live migrations fail but Quick Migrations successful

Currently running a (2) node cluster for virtual hosts that uses SMB3.0 share hosted on a (2) node cluster with SoFS role.  I have had no issues running CAU or Live Migrations since the servers were first setup.  About a month ago I noticed my CAU was failing due to not being able to drain the roles.  I went in and attempted a live migration and it failed.  I went through the error log and noticed a general access denied error (see screenshot for error).  No permissions have been modified nor have any changes to the domain been made within this time.  Not quite sure why suddenly I am receiving these errors. I went through and verified permissions on the SMB share. I also ensured I had delegation setup in ADUC.   Currently have the option selected for "Trust this computer for delegation to any service (Kerberos only)."  I set that on both cluster names and I even added it to the nodes just for testing purposes.  I am currently thinking maybe I need to do quick migrations to drain the host and then run Windows updates to see if maybe I am missing something.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  I did search through the forums but did not find something with this same error. 

• Edited by CMeabon Friday, May 29, 2015 11:52 PM
May 29th, 2015 11:51pm

Hi CMeabon,

What edition cluster you are using? Did you see any error event in cluster manager? Your issue most related storage and the following article has the same scenario issue solution, please their solution first.

Using Constrained Delegation to remotely manage a server running Hyper-V that uses CIFS/SMB file shares

http://blogs.technet.com/b/josebda/archive/2008/06/27/using-constrained-delegation-to-remotely-manage-a-server-running-hyper-v-that-uses-cifs-smb-file-shares.aspx

Storing Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V files on a CIFS/SMB file share

http://blogs.technet.com/b/josebda/archive/2008/06/25/storing-windows-server-2008-hyper-v-files-on-an-cifs-smb-file-share.aspx

Im glad to be of help to you!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 1st, 2015 11:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics