Listener only accessible from the primary replica node itself SQL Server Always On in Azure

i do not want to deploy SQL Server Always on with template on Azure as i need some specific name for SQL server. i have installed everything and followed all document on SQL  but Listner only accessible from primary replica node not from any other network. 

i saw one reason Client connection recognized local server availability grop but no clue how to get it corrected. please help me to get it corrected. 

Thank you, 

Amar Soni

• Edited by Amar Soni 19 hours 33 minutes ago
June 25th, 2015 6:55am

Hi Amar,

Do you follow the steps in this article to an availability group listener? If so, please make sure the following things.

1. Make sure that you specify the Public Virtual IP of the Cloud Service but not the internal IP when configuring listener. For more details, please review this similar thread.

2. When deploying a listener using the Virtual IP (VIP) address, the client application must reside on a different cloud service than the one that contains your availability group VMs.

3. In Step 5 section 10 and 11, replace the subnetmask 255.255.255.255 with your current subnet mask in the PowerShell script.  For more details, please review this thread.

After performing the above steps, please check that if you can connect to listener from any other network.

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 10:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics