List Value not saving!

Hello Experts,

I am having a problem with one of my custom classes in SCSM.

I created an RMA class + form to track RMAs in our system. The issue is I have a drop-down field for "Customer_List" and it correctly calls the list from a different class.... however if a value is selected (e.g. Customer 1) and the form is saved, it will show there until I close the form. When I reopen the ticket the selected value is gone (list is blank as if nothing has been selected), and the change is not recorded in the history tab.

Any suggestions on how to fix/debug this? I already checked the binding and it seems fine...

Thanks in advance.

March 31st, 2015 3:44pm

What do you mean "calls the list from a different class?" Enumerations are stand-alone entities. Classes simply use them via an enum type property.

What is your binding? Is it TwoWay? Bindings are also case-sensitive. Double check the case.

Have you tried clearing the management server cache? Have you tried clearing the console cache? And had you tried restarting the console?

If you added the control via the authoring console, you may want to sift through the management pack and get rid of some of the extraneous changes. I don't know if that'll have any impact, but if the binding was changed a bunch of times the authoring tool will record those changes..all those changes might foul things up (I'm just speculating at this point)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 31st, 2015 4:39pm

Good Morning Aaron,

Thanks for the quick reply. What I meant is that Customer_List is a property in all forms. However, the main list (the one containing all the values) is in my customized incident form... so instead of populating the list in each class I only populated the list in the Incident class, and then pointed to Incident!Customer_List on all the other classes. This makes it easier as I only have one list to change and it reflects on all the other classes...

My binding is setup as follows:

Binding Mode: Two way
Binding Path: Incident!Customer_List
Binds directly to source: False

Yes I tried clearing both caches and restarting the console as well....

April 1st, 2015 7:42am

Try changing your binding path to "Customer_List" without quotes.

April 1st, 2015 9:38am

But then it wont pick up the contents of the list as they are only populated in Incident class...
April 1st, 2015 9:58am

Binding path has nothing to do with the selectable options available in the list control. The ParentCategoryId dictates what options appears in the list control. The Binding path dictates to which property the selected value is saved in the class object that the form is bound to.

List (enumeration) options are not populated in a class. They are defined in the enumeration nodes within a management pack. Enumerations are not tied to any one class.

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. In your custom class, is the Customer_List property an "enum" type property that points to an Enumeration?

April 1st, 2015 10:24am

ahhh I understand now... but confused slightly because I have other forms with the exact same bindings and they work... :/

Yes you are correct in my custom incident class, I have a customer_list enum property that points to an enumeration.

I'm going to try this and report back the results. Thanks again Aaron!

April 1st, 2015 11:04am

April 1st, 2015 1:37pm

• Marked as answer by SirLearnAlot Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:23 PM

Binding path has nothing to do with the selectable options available in the list control. The ParentCategoryId dictates what options appears in the list control. The Binding path dictates to which property the selected value is saved in the class object that the form is bound to.

List (enumeration) options are not populated in a class. They are defined in the enumeration nodes within a management pack. Enumerations are not tied to any one class.

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. In your custom class, is the Customer_List property an "enum" type property that points to an Enumeration?

April 1st, 2015 2:23pm

Wow. Finally fixed. I removed Incident! from the binding path as you suggested and it worked. Thanks Aaron! However, I noticed ANOTHER field is doing the same thing, (Courier_List). However, courier list is contained in the SAME MP. So its not even referencing another mp yet it isn't working... any ideas on what to be checking? Other lists in the form are working, and they are binded the same way as far as I can tell...

<NewBinding Enabled="True" Path="Courier_List" Mode="TwoWay" BindsDirectlyToSource="False" UpdateSourceTrigger="PropertyChanged" />

• Edited by SirLearnAlot 15 hours 51 minutes ago added line of code
April 7th, 2015 11:23am

Update: Aaron I was trying to see what the difference between these lists are, and I realized what is different with this list. This is the only list I stored in the actual .DLL of the custom class form, reason being I made a custom tracking feature. So user would pick a courier from the list, then enter the tracking number in Tracking_Num field, and I added code to launch the correct website and enter the tracking number according to the list value picked from Courier_List.
April 7th, 2015 11:59am

Wow. Finally fixed. I removed Incident! from the binding path as you suggested and it worked. Thanks Aaron! However, I noticed ANOTHER field is doing the same thing, (Courier_List). However, courier list is contained in the SAME MP. So its not even referencing another mp yet it isn't working... any ideas on what to be checking? Other lists in the form are working, and they are binded the same way as far as I can tell...

<NewBinding Enabled="True" Path="Courier_List" Mode="TwoWay" BindsDirectlyToSource="False" UpdateSourceTrigger="PropertyChanged" />

• Edited by SirLearnAlot Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:22 PM added line of code
April 7th, 2015 3:21pm

Opening new question for this as updates were not answered.
April 13th, 2015 2:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics