ListChildren() doesn't pull latest/modified catalog items

Hello,

I am using the reporting services web service on a ASP.NET website and displaying the reports using Report Viewer 2010 control. 

On the page, I display a tree view of all the reports available on the left side and when clicked on a report, the report is displayed on the right side. If a report is renamed, for some reason, the tree doesn't show list latest reports. It is working fine on my local machine on VS2008 but not on our server. I have debugged and found that the ListChildren() method is returning previous/old data.  After some random amount of time, I the tree displays latest reports.

Clearing the cookies doesn't help. I am assuming the web service is doing caching or something.

How do I force the web service ListChildren() to pull latest items every time?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

May 10th, 2012 8:52pm

Same Problem. Any ideas?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2015 11:42am

The problem seems to occur, as long as EnableAuthPersistence is true. If i set it to false, ListChildren() returns all the elements, which the user has permissions for.

This works for me in my development environment. In my production environment, where we're using Kerberos, this setting seems to be ignored.

Now any ideas?

• Edited by MicVog 1 hour 32 minutes ago
March 31st, 2015 1:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics