Linux - SQL Server Native Client : Unable to locate driver dynamic library. BCP cannot continue.

Hi all.

I've been trying for a while now to get BCP working on Linux but with no success.

The error message I'm getting i

Unable to locate driver dynamic library. BCP cannot continue..

I saw one historic post on this topic but it was related to the installation being on the incorrect version of Linux.

Please see version details below for our installation.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

cat /etc/*-release

LSB_VERSION=base-4.0-amd64:base-4.0-noarch:core-4.0-amd64:core-4.0-noarch
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)

uname -a

Linux rhabsqlvt1 2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Nov 10 22:19:54 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sqlcmd works without issue

The following directories are included in PATH

/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/microsoft:/opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/lib64

BCP is symbolic linked as follows 

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 44 Apr 24 10:57 bcp -> /opt/microsoft/msodbcsql/bin/bcp-11.0.2270.0

Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Ruairi

April 30th, 2015 7:33am

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dataplatforminsider/archive/2011/11/28/available-today-preview-release-of-the-sql-server-odbc-driver-for-linux.aspx

What's New in the Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server on Linux

The ODBC driver on SUSE Linux (in CTP) supports 64-bit SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Service Pack 2. For more information, see System Requirements.

The ODBC driver on Linux supports AlwaysOn Availability Groups. For more information, see ODBC Driver on Linux Support for High Availability, Disaster Recovery.

The ODBC driver on Linux supports connections to Windows Azure SQL Database. For more information, see How to: Connect to Windows Azure SQL Database Using ODBC.

The driver supports tracing of ODBC API call entry and exit. For more information, see Data Access Tracing with the ODBC Driver on Linux.

The -l option has been added to bcp. For more information, see Connecting with bcp.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh568451(SQL.110).aspx

Check and confirm.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 5th, 2015 10:51pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics