Line chart - series by date plots out of order

I have a drillthrough chart that uses dates on the x-axis.  Depending upon the time range, the major gridlines are either going to be days, weeks, or months.  That logic is all working.  If the user clicks on any of the values, it will drill through the data, and replot the details for that entry.

When the plot is weeks or months, everything is tabulated and plotted properly.  It looks like this.

If one then clicks on one of the values, it re-evaluates the data comprising that value and plots it with days on the x-axis.  The problem is that it doesn't do the plot sequentially.  (See below.)  Having tried this with different ranges, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the order in which it is plotted.

If you look carefully, you can see it actually started with 10/7, then 10/6, 10/12, 10/8, ...  It really makes no sense and I haven't been able to figure out why it is doing it or how to fix it.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

November 22nd, 2013 2:54pm

Hello,

In my test, I can reproduce the same issue in my test environment. The issue is related with Scalar and Sorting properties in the line chart.

Please refer to the steps below to check these Scale and Sorting properties.
1. Right click Horizontal Axis in the chart. Select Horizontal Axis Properties. Please check if you are select Scalar(Numbers/Dates) option.
2. Right click the field in the Category Groups dialog box. Select Category Group Properties.
3. Click Sorting in the left pane. Please check if it has no sorting values.

In the line chart, if we are select Scalar Horizontal Axis, and delete the sorting for the chart, line chart will plot it according to the data store order in the database.

If there you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,
Alisa Tang

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2013 3:59am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics